I was perusing some open blogs the other day and came across this newby! She seems to be just starting out, with just her name and one post as to why she is starting the blog. The why intrigued me; she wants to focus a blog only on the good in life, no matter how small; but more so the name: Demanding Euphoria. So I thought about it for days. I thought about what demanding euphoria in life meant to me. Then last night I went on Google to see if I could find her blog again.
First I found the Wiki definition of Euphoria which explains that euphoria is”an affect, but the term is often colloquially used to define emotion as an intense state of transcendent happiness combined with an overwhelming sense of contentment.” It has also been defined as an “affective state of exaggerated well-being or elation.” That is what I want! An overwhelming sense of contentment as a wife and parent; to be completely content with life and to be overly happy about it.
I also found another blog entitled Demanding Euphoria,where the author says it just right! She quotes Calvin & Hobbs stating “That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria!”
So what does that mean for me?
- It means being happy about life!
- It means being happy about my family!
- It means being happy about my house!
- It means being happy about my decisions as a wife and mother!
- It means being happy with my relationship with the Lord!
How do I do it?
- Wake up and CHOOSE to be happy!
- Appreciate each child for who they are! (Compliant or Strong Willed)
- Stick to The Nevers
- Spend special time with each child
- Spend special time with my husband
- Take time for myself
- Open all my blinds EVERYDAY
- Keep my home ready to welcome any guest
- Turn on music while I clean!
- CHOOSE to make the best of every situation!
- Take advantage of every Teachable Moment
- Spend time with the Lord every day and teach my children how to do the same!
What does Demanding Euphoria mean in your life?