Bailie’s Birth Story

I woke up Tuesday morning at 3:20 in morning and was having contractions that were slightly painful so at 4:30 I called the hospital and they told me to wait a while and call back if it got any worse. So I called back at like 5 and they told me to take some tylonal and a warm bath. Then call back later. So I did and about an hour later I herd my mom flush the toilet in the other bathroom so I knew that she had woken up to get ready for work. I went in and told her what was going on and she told me to go and call the hospital L&D to let them know that I was coming. We left my house at 7:00 and got to the hospital at 8:00. On the way there I got sick and threw up, that was no fun. I was up in my room and checked at 8:15, to 4cm. They brought me breakfast and I was doing great. They asked if I wanted an epidural but I told them no for now that I was aiming to go natural. I did go in and take a jacuzzi bath and that felt so good. Way better than out of the water. A little later they brought me lunch and it smelled so good but I was only allowed to pick at it. At 2:00 they checked me again and I was between a 5 and a 6, so they decided to break my water. About an hour and a half later the contractions started getting stronger but still very doable. I decided to get in the bath again and I had to get out cause they were getting so bad that I couldn’t take it any more. I had my mom get the nurse and they started an IV and told me that the anesthesiologist would be there in half an hour. I was now getting in so much pain I couldn’t take it. I was breathing so hard and my hands were starting to go numb. Then they told me that the fire alarms had been going off and that the elevators had stopped and the anesthesiologist was on the first floor. (We were on the 14th) so he hiked up 14 flights of stairs with all his stuff and when he got to the top the elevators had started working again. (Poor guy) After he gave me the epidural I felt the next two or three contractions but they were way better. Then my friends and family came back in the room. I was feeling great they told me that I was having another contraction and that it was the biggest one yet, but since I couldn’t feel it I didn’t care. The doctors came in at around 5 to check me and kicked out everyone. And instead of inviting everyone back in she says, “Ok. . .lets have a baby!” I was so excited! my mom was the only one I let come in the room. Along with all the doctors and nurses. The nurse had my mom take a picture of me I was so excited, they said that they didn’t usually see someone smile while pushing. They also asked me if I wanted a mirror and at first the thought sounded creepy, but I said ok and was so happy that I did. It was the coolest thing Ive ever seen. When her head came out she started crying, even before the rest of her did. So they suctioned her mouth and nose and then finished getting her out. After everyone came back in they brought me two dinners and I ate them both I was so hungry.

Bailie Erin Turner was born on November 22nd, 2005 at 6:44pm after 16ish hours of labor. She was 42 weeks (2 weeks “late”). She weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 22″ long.

Posts About Bailie (NOT schooling related)

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s